Re: are we at a bottom

You might want to use something more dependable such as Investors
Intelligence Bull/Bear sentiment.  You can find it in Barron's or IBD.  I use
a web page:  http://www.fiendbear.com/marketre.htm
I contacted the author and he said right now sentiment is still too bullish
to signal a major bottom.  It does seem still too bullish:
Investors Intelligence:  52.6% Bulls, 23.7% bears; prev week: 52.5%, 23.2%

Daniel.