Re: PVT Normalized

Murat,

I am glad I could make a contribution that you found useful.  Your post made
my day.  For the normalized PVT, I just took Chande's, and perhaps others,
idea for a a normalized RSI (i.e. StochRSI) and applied it to PVT.  PVT is a
more refined version of on balance volume.  The idea is presented along with
many good ideas in a very worthwhile book called the "The New Technical
Trader" by Chande and Kroll.

I use a fast and slow, normalized version of PVT and interpret their action
the same way I would interprete price stochastics lines.  That is, I watch
for crossovers in oversold or overbought areas and for divergences.

I am a disgressionary, swing trader and I watch price (candlesticks) and
trendlines first and formost.  I also pay quite a bit of attention to
StochRSI to identify overbought and oversold conditions.  With this style, I
use normalized PVT as a distant secondary indicator only to confirm my other
analysis.

You Murat, or others, may have payed closer attention to the signals it
offers and I would be interested in learning from your observations.  The
formulas I have been using without testing or optimization are shown below:

Fast Line

Mov((PVT()-LLV(PVT(),19))/
(HHV(PVT(),19)-LLV(PVT(),19)), 5, S)

Slow Line

Mov(Mov((PVT()-LLV(PVT(),19))/
(HHV(PVT(),19)-LLV(PVT(),19)), 5, S),3,S)

I am usually in trades for an average of six or seven trading days and I am
a very slightly better than break even trader.

Dan