Off topic - for history buffs

The National Security Archive www.nsarchive.org publishes declassified
government documents.

I took a quick look, it is very interesting, because these kinds of
documents are almost never printed in the media, and they give a continuity
to events that we tend to view piecemeal.

On the Cuban Missile crisis, by the Russians own admission in 1992, they
followed a riskier policy than the US. They had a number of tactical nuclear
missiles in place in Cuba and the local Russian commander had authority to
use them without any further authority from Moscow.

Shows  the uprisings in East Germany in 1953 leading to the fall of the
Soviet empire.

Lionel Issen
lissen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx