From: owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Denis Brink
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2001 7:15 PM
To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: large intraday files

Does anyone on the list have experience with managing large intraday files
in MS Pro (7.2) ?

1. I set the realtime chart max file size to 65,500 and opened (from
eSignal) a tick chart of ES U1. The chart looks ok (apart from a few gaps)
but the cum() function shows 112,923 records. which sounds about right as
the period covered is 6/07 to 6/29. The first question is should this be
possible to contain this number of records?

2. Next I opened the downloader tools/copy. It shows the dates of the file
as only 6/25 to 6/29, and after copying to the offline directory the copied
file contains only the dates 6/25 to 6/29, and the cum() functions shows
only
64,236 records. So it looks as though the Downloader is truncating a file
that MS can handle ok.

Is there a way around these limitations?

Denis