Re: Off Totpic- BigEasyInvestor How to export

Lyle:
Here are the responses from BigEasy on how export data to metastock via
excel.
I may have misunderstood the instructions.  If you can get them to work
please e-mail me privately with details.

Response 1
You can transfer your screened data from the "Indicators" pane to an Excel
document by using the following steps.  First, use a particular screen to
populate data into the "Indicators" pane.  Next, highlight the first item in
the list (or whichever item you want to copy), press and hold the "Shift"
key down on your keyboard.  Then, scroll down to the bottom of the pane (or
as much data as you want to copy).  This will highlight the entire data in
the list to copy.  Next, right-click in the "Indicators" pane and click on
"Save".  After the "Save As" window appears, you can leave "BigEasy
Investor" in the "Save In:" pulldown field, or select the "Desktop" from the
pulldown menu.  Next, you will need to name your file in the "File name"
box, which can be something like "Strong Stocks Under $10".  Please make
sure that the name you type is the only name showing in the "File name"
field. Be sure to leave the "Save as type:" as the "Export File (*.txt)" and
click save.  The file will then be saved to the location you specified.

Next, open the Excel program and click "File/Open".  After the "Open" window
appears, you will need to change the "Files of Type:" to "Text Files".
Then, locate the folder where your saved file is located.  For example, if
you saved it to the desktop, use the pulldown labeled "Look in:" to change
the location to the desktop, or whatever folder you saved the file into.
When you locate the saved file, click on it once to highlight it, and then
click on "Open" to open it into your Excel program.  After opening the file,
the "Text Import Wizard" will appear. You want to select "Delimited", and
"Next". Then, select "Tab", "Semicolon", uncheck any other boxes that have
been checked, and click "Next".  Highlight "General" under the "Column data
format" and then click "Finish".  Once the file is opened, you may need to
expand some of the columns as you may see "###" in columns that need to be
resized.  If you have any difficulty with the above steps, please reply with
as much detail as possible, as well as any error messages received.

If you have further concerns or inquiries, please reply to this message.

Sincerely,

Rebecca Maddry
Customer Service/Technology Support
BigEasyInvestor

Response 2

Good afternoon.  You emailed us recently regarding exporting data from Big
Easy Investor (BEI) to Excel.  Your most recent email was sent inquiring why
the export command was greyed out as well as an issue you were having with
selecting items in your list.

We have troubleshot your situation and have come to the following
conclusion.  If you would like to select more than one item from your list,
you can press CTRL "A" to select all the criteria in the indicator box.
Then right click on the indicator pane and select Export.  We will need some
more information in order to decifer why your Export selection is being
greyed out.  We will need to know which version of BigEasy you are using.
With this information, we will be more than happy to continue our research
in order to provide you with a solution.  Thank you for your patience Mr.
Issen.  Have a great day.

If you have further questions, please reply to this message.

Sincerely,

Justin Molsbee
Big Easy Investor
Customer Support