  To: <A title=metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="mailto:metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Sunday December 24 2000 3:35
  PM
  Subject: Re: VV timing to Vitaly

  Vitaly, the
  following comment from another post is not
  accurate:>... Dr. D's latest calls ...>...
  He has been long the past 3 months even though all his signals are>
  short.Hmmm, ... what a character !!! (how
  true but for different reasons)Cheers,
  Vitaly***********************************************<FONT
  color=#0000ff>VV has not been long over the past 3
  months. VV went to CASH on 9/8 and started shorting on 9/15. VV
  gave a 'best call' on 10/20 (Friday) to go long on 10/23 (Monday) for the
  folks "riding the wave" (more aggressive investor). He told his prudent
  investors to bargain hunt.   Since 11/8 he has advised the 'prudent
  investor' to essentially not buy.VV has not changed their Confirmed Up
  or Confirmed Down methodology.Here is a quote from VV product support
  after being questioned about their 'best call' on 10/23
  (Monday).

  "With the VVC price rising, Dr. DiLiddo
  has made a 'best call' and indicated that he would be going into the market
  long this morning. It is not a confirmed up, because of the MTI being below 1,
  and other factors".

  This was also posted on
  10/23 from one user to another user:

  "Your confusing "Best Calls" and C/up.
  Best call is up to Dr. D. C/up is MTI above 1.00.Market Timing Indicator
  (MTI)- Rules and Usage1) Combines the VVC-Price, VVC-RT, and the BSR into
  a single indicator, signals the OVERALL direction and strength of the
  market2) Ranges from 0.00 to 2.00, when above 1.00 market is Bullish, when
  below 1.00 market is Bearish"

  Here is another
  quote from VV product support after being questioned about their 'best call'
  on 10/24 (Tuesday)."VectorVest's system of
  confirmed ups and downs are designed to try and catch 70-80% of any major
  market turn, and I would certainly recommend to any prudent or conservative
  investors to follow this system. (Right now we recommend that you be in cash.)
  A confirmation requires that both the MTI and Buy-Sell ratio be above 1.0,
  among other factors. However, due to continuing pressure from our more
  aggressive investors for us to come closer to the turning points, Dr. DiLiddo
  has developed 'best calls'. These are not strictly mechanical, and these are
  not confirmed in any way. They are AGGRESSIVE and PRE-EMPTIVE calls to go long
  (in this case) or short. If you consider yourself an aggressive investor, then
  you may want to consider going into the market long right now. However, the
  closer you try to get to the actual turning points in the market, the more
  chance there is for a whipsaw. This is higher risk, but that is how you would
  categorize an aggressive investor anyway. Dr. DiLiddo is simply making
  a suggestion. He never said that you couldn't wait until we get a confirmed
  up. All the lights will be green, and the MTI and BS ratio will be above
  1.0."

  I believe that there is
  a place for VV in my arsenal of tricks. I consider it a super
  spreadsheet manipulator of data and find it handy.  However, I only
  use it to 'arrange' data on my self-generated watchlists because I
  won't use VV's black box stock fundamentals to pick stocks for further
  TA.

  <FONT face="Comic Sans MS"
  color=#0000ff>Cheers,
  <FONT face="Comic Sans MS"
  color=#0000ff>Gene
  ----- Original Message -----From:
  "neo" <neo1@xxxxxxxxx>To: <metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent:
  Saturday December 23 2000 2:02 PMSubject: RE: VV timing>
  Tom>> You really have to look at Dr. D's latest calls, the
  timing system and the> comments on the VV board. He has been long the
  past 3 months even thoughall> his signals are short. He is now
  having people sell on various MA'sinstead> of the sell signal. His
  system worked well during the recent bull market> (what didn't) but is
  not working now.>> I have had the program for 6 months. It took
  about 2 to find out histiming> and strategies did not work. I have
  since spent a great deal of time withMS> developing my own timing
  system and my own strategies in VV which in back> testing are highly
  profitable. I am fine tuning all this as well as myexits> and
  expect to go live after the first. We will see what happens with real>
  money.>>> -----Original Message-----> From:
  owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
  Behalf Of Tom Sprunger> Sent: Saturday, December 23, 2000 10:48
  AM> To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: Re: VV
  timing>>> neo, I looked at all the market (nasdaq is the
  proxy) turns in the last> three years that were greater than 15%.
  VV hit them all, but many of them> weren't called until it was obvious
  the trend had changed ( by the time VV> MKT Trend indicator called a
  top the NASDAQ had already dropped an average> of 7%. by the time it
  called a bottom the DAQ had already risen an average> of 21%).
  So, they can call them but they aren't necessarily "timely" inthe>
  calls.  In my opinion, the word "timely" is the key and they don't
  makeany> claims  (that I am aware of) as to how timely the
  call is.>> For indivdual stocks I had worse results with
  VV.  By the time VV gave a> sell signal, the average stock had
  already dropped an average of 22% andby> the time it gave a buy
  signal it had already risen an average of 30%.This> doesn't mean
  you can't make money with VV, just that there are ways tomake> more
  money.>> So, that is my basis for saying there are many ways to
  do better on timing> of individual stocks.  I have assumed in my
  comments that this being a> Metastock board, most readers were advanced
  way beyond the VV timingsystem> for individual stocks.  But as
  you say, each person should develop his own> strategies to make money
  and use whatever makes her/him comfortable.>> By the way, care
  to share how VV has done for you this year?  Are you inthe>
  black?  Your input on this might help me change mine and others opinion
  on> VV.>> Tom> ----- Original Message
  -----> From: "neo" <neo1@xxxxxxxxx>> To:
  <metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> Sent: Friday, December 22, 2000 7:36
  PM> Subject: RE: VV timing>>> > It depends on
  how you studied their timing. Their published results donot> >
  agree with the calls they made at the time. They fudge their published>
  > timing calls in hindsight to made it look good. Many users have
  studied> this> > including myself.> >> >
  Although their timing system is poor it is the best system for picking>
  strategies.> >> >> > -----Original
  Message-----> > From: owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> >