From: owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of w lake
Sent: 18 December 2000 16:41
To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: nasties

To those that wrote ... thanks for your emails.

http://www.lockdown2000.com/demo/start.html

This shows what the hackers screen looks like using several different
programs besides Sub Seven and the control that they have over your
computer. You can mentally add trading account to the list.

To others ... I used a program similar to Lockdown process monitor to see
the files currently running and their links. This is a very interesting
little group of programs that they have here. I have been able to pick and
choose between what I was already using and what is an improvement.

There's a difference between intellectually understanding this threat and
the emotional reality of not being able to shut any programs down ... having
your system totally frozen and the internet connection light flashing away
to indicate two way traffic in and out of your computer. Luckily I can
literally pull the plug on the internet connection immediately.

To repair corrupted files in 98 ... go to Start - Accessories - Microsoft
System Information - Tools - System File Checker. With registry restore and
file checker I haven't found the need to format and re-install 98.

Everything works fine.

To easily check for listeners go to Start - Programs - MS-DOS

enter the following at the prompt (watch spaces)
netstat -an >>C:\netstat.txt
enter
exit
enter

open Start - Programs - Explorer
look for C: netstat.txt
it opens with Notepad

It should be clean or only have a few entries for network stuff.  If there
is a bunch then you've got a bunch. <G>

Here's Kelloway's site to explain it.

http://home.earthlink.net/~commodon/threat-detect.htm

Best regards