From: owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of w lake
Sent: Sunday, December 17, 2000 12:27 PM
To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: nasties

Thanks for your suggestions.

The nasties are gone now. This one was particularly stubborn. It took over
Windows Explorer so that it acted like a server etc.?? Luckily Zone Alarm
blocked everything and alerted me so that I could figure out what was
happening and start looking for the little monster. eXeScope showed me that
it was not the happy little Microsoft file that I thought that it was. <G>

Here's some pictures of Sub Seven Def Con 8 in action so you can see what
the "it" on the other end was looking at in my computer. I had never thought
about sending nasty packets back as you suggested.

http://lockdown2000.com/trojandemo.html

There are several nice registry programs out there that will show you the
comparison between two registry pictures. I also extended the 98 reg restore
cab files from 5 to 25 so that I can look at the cab files dates and times
to figure out which one to restore. I use the DOS prompt restore ... no
reason ... I just like it better.

The DOS version of the installed files compare is very slow compared to the
available programs out there. Always nice to know where the little monsters
came from.

Best regards

Walter