Re: Short Term High's/Low's

Sean,

I have two simple techniques that work well for me. Examples given for
a low

1. a ShortTerm low is a low that is lower than a certain number of lows
on both sides. Note that this implies "looking into the future" or
better stated, that you'll indentify the ST low a few bars after the
fact

2. a ShortTerm low has been put in when the price closes a certain
number of percent above the low. Using Stoch() actually is a pretty
close approximation to this.

I know of no technique to determine in real-time that the current bar
is going to be a short term low.

Hope this helps !

Allan
--- Sean Taylor <sean.taylor@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anybody have any suggestions as to how I might code an expert to
> identify short term high's and low's.
> This is using the simple premise that inside days are ignored.  i.e.
> previous non-inside day H is lower than current H which is higher
> than the
> next non-inside day H (for High's - reverse for Lows).
>
> At a guess, I need to use PREV to count the number of past
> consecutive
> inside() days to get to the previous valid bar.  Not sure how to
> identify
> the next valid bar or how to hang the lot together.
>
> Perhaps I'm completely wrong in my approach and there is a simple
> route.
>
> Thanks,
> Sean

=====