Divergence

One of the more interesting indicators of price reversal for me is the
divergence that occurs between a momentum indicator and the price action.
For example, if through some time period both price and RSI make a high and
then price rises and RSI drops, then divergence has occured between the
indicator and the price and a reversal in price action "might" occur.

I have not been able to figure out a manner of looping thru the past 1 to 70
periods of price and momentum indicator values to figure out if the prices
are showing divergences or not using Metastock.

Does anyone have such a formula or know where i can find it?