finding stuff

Thanks for your emails.

Finding stuff in an integrated trading setup is hard. There are so many
possibilities, so many formats and so much stuff to keep track of that one
of the traders suggested that I try some of the organizational programs that
you mentioned.

One of the simple ones allowed me to make scribble notes and attach links to
the note. Finding the many different types of files to attach to the note is
really easy. For example, in the Breakout folder and sub-folders, I
integrated all the saved Metastock files with the Excel analysis workbooks
plus links to the saved emails and references to TASC articles. I also added
references to my Metastock indicators and  Guppy formula web sites
etc.(Niche stuff is much easier to organize than "big" topics <G>.)

This way I can either look in an "organized folder" <G> or do a key word
search across sub-folders etc. to find stuff. Even though I had all the
pieces, my integrated setup wasn't working efficiently for me until I
organized it. Organizing and programming dedicated apps and automated
routines is much easier now that I can see all the available stuff that I
can use.

I don't have a hope of ever organizing the boxes of hard copy emails from
the Metastock List when it was really productive a couple of years ago, but
at least I can keep up with the mass of new stuff appearing in other areas.

Best regards

Walter