Re: Up/Down Ratio--Denis

Tom,

I have only used the Up/Down with individual stocks - never an index.  I usually
watch the it for an general idea of how the money is moving into or out of an
issue.  After a long run up I get nervous when the Up/Down drops below 1.2 or
1.3.  As I recall O'Neil used a level of 0.7 as a dire warning area and watched
for sharp drops.  I find it most useful to compare the current level to that
which happened to same stock under similar conditions in the past.  Hope this of
some help.

Denis