Re: Market Gurus (William Gann)

With regard to Gann's son, Lionel Issen observed:

> The stories I read about his son were that he had a relatively small job
in
> the investment business and only used fundamental analysis. Perhaps his
> father mistreated him and wouldn't teach him his methods.

As I understand it, Gann's son worked with his father for quite some time.
Then they had a falling-out, and he went off on his own.  I've heard it
suggested that the son therefore may not be a reliable source of information
about his father's trading success, though only by Gannophiles who didn't
want
to believe that the great man was just one more guru who taught something
he could not actually do.  So far as I know -- gotta say, this isn't a
subject
that interests me enough to look into it carefully -- there is no evidence
that
Gann ever made much money as a trader or that his son hid relevant
information about his trading performance.

Owen Davies