Re: <OT> Swap file and memory setting...

M> Could one of you tech wizards that still knows how to talk English, fill us
M> in on this?

M> Why does Windows use swap before RAM is used up?

M> How do you know this?

Lots of performance monitors will show you how much free (and/or used)
RAM you have left and how much swap is being used at a given moment.

M> Why should we care?

I'm no expert on the windows memory management system, but you should
care because RAM is faster than disk (by orders of magnitude).  If you
start swapping to disk before you use up all your RAM, then you're
slowing down the system by quite a lot. All the RAM in the world won't
help you if the OS doesn't use it.

--
Mike Campbell