Re: Chick Goslin's boo, among other things (Was Re: bonds & the BB Histo)

Owen,

My original work with momentum oscillators (during the late 70's) seemed to
"magically" appear in Chick's book.  Of all the books reviewed at my site, I
would have to say that it is the least useful of the bunch.  That doesn't
mean that it can't help a trader/investor.  I've strongly recommended
Edwards and Magee and Nison's Beyond Candlesticks in the past.  I've had
comments from people that have purchased these gems (based on my
recommendation) that were very negative.  "This Edwards and Magee stuff was
written back in the forties and couldn't possibly apply to todays' markets."
or "These candlestick formations don't always work and they look funny
because I'm used to looking at bars."  I've recreated Goslin's Intelligent
Oscillator (I think) and have renamed it the "Semi-Intelligent Oscillator"
(because I'm not sure if the formula is identical and I'm not sure it's
really smart).  I feature it everyday at my site (see oats and wheat).  It
is a "good" indicator and I feel it can be very helpful to traders.  Ton
Maas was a real fan when he first bought Goslin's book (maybe he has changed
his opinion).  It is written in a subjective, rambling style.  I can
understand why everyone doesn't think it's #1 on the hit parade.  My
suggestion is to start at the top of my list and work down.  There's a
reason they are listed in the order presented.

Steve Karnish
Cedar Creek Trading
http://www.abbracadabra.com/cybercast/