Absolute Fastest Hardware Configuration for Explorations

  • To: <metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Absolute Fastest Hardware Configuration for Explorations
  • From: "Nicholas Kormanik" <nkormanik@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 10:04:59 -0800

I realize this was discussed several months ago.  But hardware choices may
have changed a little since then.  I'm in the market for the absolute
**fastest** computer hardware configuration for doing MetaStock
explorations.  Probably my explorations 'code' could be reworked and
tightened, but I don't have much skill or patience in that area.  I feel
that, instead, I'm going to have to blast it with hardware.  And I'm now
ready to upgrade.

If you have recent experience with this matter, please offer your advise.  I
think the two primary hardware bottleneck decisions would be:

--- SCSI Ultra-2 hard drive (and controller card) versus EIDE Ultra ATA-66

--- Specific choice of motherboard and CPU

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hope all on the MetaStock thread have enjoyable holidays.

Nicholas