Re: Jack Schwager presentation

Hi

Thanks for your email. Ya, I know that spreads are pretty boring, but things
can get pretty hairy at times. You might want to check out the Nasdaq/Spoo
spread ... so far since Oct 19th it has moved $222,800.00 on a single
regular contract spread set (3NDH/2SPH). No wonder everyone is piling on.

Regarding Schwager's use of the word "edge", I agree that it's over used. I
stopped using it when someone wrote to me that they were getting Trade
Station so that they could get the "edge". I've tried to use "market and
structural inefficiency" in organizing the various things send to me ... but
I've gotten endless grief because this personal typology too close to
other's use of the words.

Maybe I'll switch to Michael Porters use of "sustainable competitive
advantage". It's a mouth full but at least it gets the "sustainable" part
across. Schwager's example of "edge" is clearly in the sustainable area.

His other point ..."Moreover, Schwager was keen to decry the notion that
even a
fairly mediocre system allied to good risk management techniques will
ultimately win the day. ..." is something that you might want to talk about.
Clearly it flies in the face of general opinion. Sweeney is definitely with
Schwager on this one. Maybe his volatility article in the Jan TASC will have
something to say about it.

Best regards

Walter