Re: Heads up! Traders Press

> I placed an order with Traders Press over the weekend using the company's
web
> site.  As payment, I sent in my VISA number and expiration date

> I am left with the disquieting impression that I have blasted my VISA
number and
> expiration date into cyberspace, and the information hasn't reached its
mark.
> Happy Holidays to anyone who might have received it.

Not surprising at all...I would steer clear of this company. Traders Press
has a history of having no regard for customer privacy...

"Well, I guess I'm going to be the lone voice of dissent
when it comes to Traders Press. I think they STINK. First
of all, I ordered a book from them, which I was assured was
in stock. I should have received it in 5 days (according to
Traders Press), or 2 business days, (according to the UPS
Web site, based on TP's and my Zip codes). Well, I waited a
full 8 days, and received absolutely nothing. I emailed
them, requesting the UPS tracking number, and I received
back...absolutely nothing. I waited a day, and called them.
Guess what? The item is "not in stock," AND discontinued!
GREAT! They didn't see fit to inform me of this; I had to
call them to find that out. I then spoke to the person that
I was told was responsible for shipping my order, and she
confirmed that it was out of stock. However, she did have
a "scratch and dent" copy that she offered to send at a
20% discount, with overnight shipping at no cost to me. Fine,
I took it, and after some frustration I got my scratched up
copy of the book, and I'm happy...well, not quite...

I have kept my email address confidential and spam-free for
over 3 years now. When I made my initial call to Traders
Press, before I placed my order, I specifically requested
that my name/address/phone number/email address NOT be
shared with any other company, and that I did not even want
to receive mail from them, since I have their catalog on
the Web. I was assured that my info would be kept
confidential...and boy he sounded convincing. I was again
assured of same when I ordered the scratch and dent book.
About 6 weeks later, I received junk postal mail from a
company that told me that they buy names from none other
than the RATS at Traders Press. Additionally, my primary
email address is now being hyper-spammed to the point where
I am ready to close out my account (ironically, my "free" email
addresses, where I expect junk mail, have remained
completely spam-free). THANKS TRADER'S PRESS, I'll never
do business with you again.

cc: Trader's Press"
<<<