Re: Support = required

  • To: "Metastock bulletin board" <metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Support = required
  • From: "Walter Lake" <wlake@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 12:19:54 -0800

Hi Ton

Glad to hear your outrage. Windows compatability is not the same as Office
compatability.

It's been my feeling for some time that Metastock is a "twilight" product.
Maybe this upgrade
will be the last one of any importance. Hopefully it will clean up some
problems and get us into the next century safely.

Metastock is a good product. I was looking at Mr. Guppy's web site and am
amazed at all the technical indicators available to programmers. But where
is the eod direction going for the next 2 years. Only real time programming
is
left for the charting programs to "conquer". After that ... do we really
need
500 or 5,000 indicators or 300 system tests?

I recently had a really nice XL workbook go across my desk using the
"MetaStock File Library (MSFL)". So the problem of getting the data and
trades out of Metastock and into XL
for further evaluation is coming together nicely.

Maybe we shouldn't expect anything more from Metastock than it already
offers.

In my opinion they do a good job for the money paid.

Best regards

Walter