Re: Support = required

  • To: "Metastock-List" <metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Support = required
  • From: "A.J. Maas" <anthmaas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 18:20:24 -0800

Ken, thanks for a "true" 7.0 users "expierence" reply.

I got a bit melo-dramatic in the previous mail, and naturaly I am not disappointed
with the improvements, i.e. hence I will always considder to upgrade (even if
improvements were cosmetic only, which also naturally is not the case here with 7.0,
eg quite some on-this-list-requested features have surely been attended+added).

But the (for me) main + simple + very important feature has/is not been added:
                 A build-in (or as a free Add On available) Automating Tool.

The Glink program
Recently and professionaly have started working with the Glink program, a teminal
emulator program, which ($200) program comes freely with its own build-in and very
advanced scripting program, eg dialog boxes and the lot. This scripting language is
developed by Glink developers, the program compiles its scripts and is so straight forward,
and a lot simpler than and uses very short source code-lines (other than f.i. is common
in VB/VBA/VBScript). Single words (for commands+variables) with additional parameters
+switches is all that it takes to do the same performance as in VB. Actualy the Glink program
lets programs like VB etc. to be Extensions (DLL Add-ins), just put the DLL in the Ext-folder
and off you go.

Now why is this not included in MetaStock ?
(the "same priced" Glink program, eg that includes its very rich scripting feature, will also work
with and within any other program/on many platforms).

And my question now is how can we(Glink and I) get it into MetaStock as an Extension?
(not ever, for this rich tool to be "enabled" at the moment(via a DLL) the not wanted PB program
is required).

Regards,
Ton Maas
ms-irb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dismiss the ".nospam" bit (including the dot) when replying and
note the new address change. Also for my Homepage
http://home.planet.nl/~anthmaas