From: Nicholas Kormanik [mailto:nkormanik@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, November 20, 1999 11:09 PM
To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Ebay MetaStock Sale Question

Seeing my (slow) progress, my brother now wants a copy of MetaStock.
Someone earlier on this thread suggested looking over on Ebay.  I did, and
found several copies of MetaStock 6.5 for sale starting at around $130 (and
then getting bid up a bit).  I think one of these would make a nice
Christmas present for him.

My question is, if I buy one of these packages for him, will he be able to
register it, and be the official owner, so that he will be able to upgrade
to version 7.0, or whatever, if he wants to?

If what we're buying is just someone's past software after they've upgraded
to a newer version, and there is no accompanying registration, then I'd have
no interest in pursuing it.  That probably wouldn't even be legal.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Nicholas