Weekly Pick

<x-html><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=2>&nbsp;All,
<P><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"></SPAN>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; This weeks
pick is Ameritrade (AMTD), which is an Internet discount stockbroker.<SPAN
style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>AMTD <SPAN
style="mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt">lets you buy and sell by phone, fax, and
Internet. The company has four subsidiaries: Ameritrade and Accutrade provide
online, phone, and fax trading; Advanced Clearing provides clearing services;
and AmeriVest offers discount brokerage to financial institutions. It is
increasing its visibility via alliances with online services (America Online and
Yahoo!) and through agreements to provide brokerage services to credit
unions.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>It is also launching
OnMoney Financial Services, an online personal finance program. Chairman Joe
Ricketts and his family own about 75% of Ameritrade.<SPAN
style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>The firm is forming an online investment
bank with Charles Schwab and TD Waterhouse.<SPAN
style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>For more information check out its web
site: </SPAN><A
href="http://www.ameritradeholding.com/";>www.ameritradeholding.com</A><SPAN
style="mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt"><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns =
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>
<P><SPAN style="mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt"><SPAN
style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </SPAN>AMTD at 24 ½ just
bounced off the bottom of its current Short Term Up Trend Channel (STUTC).<SPAN
style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>The top of the STUTC is at 33 ¾ and the
bottom is at 23 ¼.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>Looking back,
AMTD hit an all time high of 62.79 on 04/14/99 then started an Intermediate Term
Down Trend Channel (ITDTC) that made a double bottom at 16 in September 1999 and
again in early November 1999.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>From
the second bottom, it started the current STUTC and broke out of the ITDTC on
11/16/99.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>After the breakout, it
pulled back to the bottom of the STUTC and now appears to be trying to bounce of
the bottom of the STUTC.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>That
should provide a fairly low risk entry point with the stop just under the bottom
of the STUTC.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>The Tema Binary Wave
is positive and growing.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>The
StochRSI 21 has fallen with the pullback to the bottom of the channel, but is
also still positive.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>The
fundamentals are good for an Internet stock.<SPAN
style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>While the price/sales is high at 16.03,
the debt/equity is great at 0.17, the revenue growth is over a 60% annual rate,
and the earnings are estimated to turn positive and grow at a 37% annual rate
over the next five years.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>I&#8217;m going
to open a position Monday with the target just under the April high at 24 and
the stop just under the bottom of the STUTC at 22 ¾.</SPAN></P>
<P><SPAN style="mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; See a chart
at <A
href="http://www.geocities.com/jimginva/";>http://www.geocities.com/jimginva/</A></SPAN></P>
<P><SPAN
style="mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt">JimG</SPAN></P></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>
</x-html>From ???@??? Sat Nov 27 16:49:43 1999