Re: RSI variants

Hi Owen,

I guess I should make a template for answering this question. No, no ... I don't mind helping other,
not at all! It's just amusing to observe the persistence with which Equis refuses to make this
function standard  for quite a few years. Don't give up, Equis!
I might think of starting my own consulting business under the name "RSI (variable, period)" :-) .

Here we go.

Periods:= Input("Enter time periods",1,100,14);
M:=2*Periods - 1;

100 - 100/
(1.+ If(Mov(If(P-Ref(P,-1)<0,-(P-Ref(P,-1)),0),M,E)=0,1000000,
 Mov(If(P-Ref(P,-1)>0,  P-Ref(P,-1), 0),M,E)
/(Mov(If(P-Ref(P,-1)<0,-(P-Ref(P,-1)),0),M,E)+0.000001)
))

Mind that since I didn't use those particular tricks as in the standard RSI (Periods) to speed-up an
initial transitional period, this function for P=Close and standard RSI (Periods) differ for about a
month or two from the day 1 depending on # of Periods, of course. It was not that important for me,
so I used this shortcut.

Hope it helps.

Cheers, Vitaly