Re: Increasing the MetaStock(R) Formula Language with MetaStock 7

  • To: gcwallace@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Increasing the MetaStock(R) Formula Language with MetaStock 7
  • From: Daniel Martinez <DanM@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 00:47:07 -0800

Glen,
is there a web page which tells me how to sign up for the Omega Research
ListServ?  I would like to get more information from actual users about Omega's
ProSuite 2000i.  I'm surprised Omega's customers are unhappy with the ProSuite
2000i.  Maybe it has bugs because it's new.  There is one big disadvantage
TradeStation 2000 has vs. MetaStock 7 Pro:  When you load a symbol in
TradeStation 2000i, the chart starts from when you load it.  When you load a
symbol in MS 7 Pro, the chart loads from several days back.  It's kind of tough
to get a moving average (or any indicator) when you don't have a database.
However if you have the full package with a cable feed and are tracking all the
US Symbols using RadarScreen, all of the data is stored on your computer.  When
you load a TradeStation chart, you will get a history.

The reason why RadarScreen isn't discussed is probably because it's fairly new.
Also, the ProSuite 2000i is $5K and users are probably opting for just
TradeStation.  Those who do have the complete suite are probably so wealthy they
don't have time to get on the ListServ, don't know how to get on the ListServ,
or might not even know it exists.

Something you might find interesting:  When Warren Buffet was interviewed, he
said he didn't know how to use a computer.  I find that amazing.  Guess he has
other people do that for him.  I suppose you could get by in the 60's and 70's
not knowing how to use a computer.  But in today's investment world, I don't
believe someone such as Buffet could survive.  People with high level computing
skills, such as us, would easily surpass him.

Daniel.