Re: Why is everyone down?

Hi Adam

Excellant post. I'm certainly out of my depth in the many language areas. My
own irritation comes from "things not getting simpler" fast enough.

You wrote ... "I know many of you are saying "Use Microsoft Excel", perhaps
I will when Microsoft  improves Excel's poor charts....until then......."

Metastock, I think, is an excellent charting program. Excel, although it can
chart stocks and other tradeables, will never compete in that area.  It does
however, have a rich variety of charts to compensate for it's lack of depth
in the indicator and charting area.

Metastock is so good at what it does that my concern is that it keeps
traders focused on technical analysis to the exclusion of other types of
analysis.

In my own experience, Excel's strength is in number crunching. For example
the program that I'm writing can extend/expand my  "core data" columns into
20+ extended analysis columns plus 10 or 12 additional charts at the touch
of a button. The enclosed chart is not as rich as a Metastock stock chart
but equally valuable to me in this particular area of analysis. The comments
in yellow were added later to discuss the strategy with another trader.

Best regards

Walter