Re: win nt 4.0

KM,

As others have said, Win 98 supports multiple monitors. Multiple monitor
support is _the reason why I upgraded from Win95 across all my machines
except two (one is still dos and the other NT).

That said, prior to Win98 I used the Appian Graphics J2 card. It's very
cool, but about $1200 several years ago, and around $7-800 the last time
I checked (around a year ago). It may be lower now. Colorgraphics is
another option that is available, that I've not tried. I think their
cards start
around $600.

I liked the Appian card at the time because you could have multiple
monitors and only us 1 (one) IRQ.  Also it worked with dos, win 3.1, and
w95 (before w98).

With Win98 you need TWO video cards and some cards will work in mm
configuration and some cards WILL NOT. Check before you buy or make sure
your vendor will allow returns. More video memory is better than less.
Also some cards will cause win98 to use two (2) irq's and some cards
(even using two cards) will only use one IRQ. Don't ask me how this
works, but I have tried several cards and many setups. The setup I have
now on a P3 450 machine uses All-in-Wonder Pro on IRQ 11 and an S3 Virge
PCI on IRQ 9. I still have the Appian card on another machine.

http://www.appiangraphics.com/

http://www.colorgraphic.net/

Good luck,

Frank