Re: Small attachments.

At 12:50 PM 10/18/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Guy,
>that's his signature.  Because you use AOL 4.0 for Windows 95, your software
>probably can't understand what the signature is used for.  I use Netscape v4.7
>and it does correctly read and understand what the small signature file is used
>for.  In Netscape, you click on the signature icon and it gives you information
>on who the sender is.  It also verifies that the sender is who he claims to be.
>The signature is encrypted to prevent tampering.
>
>I agree with you though, I don't believe the signature is required.
However, the
>real problem with attachments isn't with the small 4K signature files.
It's with
>the large 80K GIF and JPG files people tend to send.  If anyone wishes to share
>charts with the group, I suggest you upload the file to your personal web space
>or one of the many free sites available on the web.  My ISP GIVES me 50 MB's of
>free web space and I have posted several charts in the past:
>http://www.ixpres.com/horizon/metastock/IIX-ROC.htm
>http://www.ixpres.com/horizon/metastock/IIX-Stoch.htm
>http://www.ixpres.com/horizon/metastock/IIX-Rel.htm
>http://www.ixpres.com/horizon/metastock/IIX-Rel-ROC.htm
>http://www.ixpres.com/horizon/metastock/IIX-Rel-Rsi.htm
>
>If you upload or send anything, I suggest you convert the MetaStock JPG
output to
>GIF, and rename the extension to JPG.  The file is reduced by 9x.  When I
rename
>to JPG, I can still use the MetaStock HTM file, which I also upload.  Using
this
>method, I can store over 1,400 charts on my 50 MB space which, of course, I
will
>never do.
>
>Daniel.
>

>Wooglinx@xxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> Guy:
>>
>> Are you aware that there is a small attachment to each of your recent e-mails
>> that, for me, has a weird extension? The file is smime.p7s.
>>
>> In light of the huge amount of e-mail most of us receive might it not be
>> better to exclude the attachment.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jim Barone
>
>I know that everyone wants to help us with their jpg's and gif's but it
takes me a really long time to download these and frankly I don't even look
at them. I use my own methods and use the list to share formulas, sources, etc.
I appreciate the good intentions but they are clogging my e-mail. Please
post that you have an interesting chart that you wish to share by communicating
directly with you, off list, if we want it.
Thank you
Michael