Re: (no subject)

>As I am fairly new to this, I am looking at a top
>down approach but need data that is easy to enter into Metastock.  I
>currently get data through Reuters.  Is there an easy way to load in
>this data, especially if it is from an ASCII list.   Thanks in advance.

Chris,
The Downloader can import large symbol lists from an ASCII file in the
format of a     *.sym     file.
Rename your text file if necessary with the .sym extention.  One stock
symbol per line with no delimiters. Put the  .sym file in the same directory
as The Downloader and it will appear in the pull-down list of "stock types"
in The Downloader's create new file menu. The neat thing is that The
Downloader will automatically supply the securities name from MetaStock's
built-in symbol file. Create MetaStock files as a group with this procedure
all at once, then download your data from Reuters.
Charles