Re: adding name to ticker

I have not tested Converting an Excel-file (that holds a securities' Names-column) as yet,
but if the Downloader will accept this file layout, then Convert an Excel-file that only holds your
2100 securities, and Convert this file (at least at first) to a different folder (eg to test it),
for example to a newly created folder MySecs ("C:\Temp\MySecs").

First:
a. in Excel open this file and multi-Select (by holding down the CTRL-key when clicking to Select)
    the securities you require
     a1. then click Edit|Copy and Paste this selection to another sheet (Insert|Worksheet and Edit|Paste)
     a2. Save this other sheet to disk (in Excel 4.0 format)
or
b. multi-Select (by holding down the CTRL-key when clicking to Select)
    the securities that you do NOT require (whatever is the fastest/easiest way out to get to point "c.")
     b1. then click Edit|Remove... and remove this selection
     b2. Save this sheet to disk (in Excel 4.0 format)

Second:
c. in the Downloader Convert the Saved xls-file to a Temp folder (eg C:\Temp\MySecs)

Third:
d. click Tools|Merge... to Merge the history for these securities, eg the securities that you've
    already Converted to your current folder(in the last week or so) and the in point "c." mentioned
    newly created securites
or
e. Convert your history data (according to your previous mail: that you had saved in ASCII)
    to this C:\Temp\MySecs folder

Fourth:
f. in Win9x-Explorer clear the contents of or rename your current folders (eg the ones holding
   the securities with the "Tickers for their Name")

Fifth:
g. in the Downloader click Tools|Copy to copy the 2100 secs(eg the ones with the proper names)
    from the C:\Temp\MySecs folder to your current folder(eg the one you have just cleared or
    if renamed then type in the Copy Securities-window the correct Path+folder name)

Sixth:
h. clear up the "left-overs" after re-confirming yourself that everything went well
    (I usaualy leave it hanging around for a couple of weeks before Deleting "that" what is
     not required anymore or store it on a diskette or Zip-disk).

Regards,
Ton Maas
ms-irb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dismiss the ".nospam" bit (including the dot) when replying and
note the new address change. Also for my Homepage
http://home.planet.nl/~anthmaas