Re: Multiple PCs on one ISP line

Kent wrote:

>I use SyGate.  Recommended by someone on this list.  Installed in about 30
>minutes.  Very low cost: $70 for 6 machines.  Seamless on the client
>systems.

I am using WinProxy which is inexpensive and easy to set up.  The proxy
machine needs to be set up with ports to support various the protocols.
(HTTP, FTP, Socks, etc.)

Once the proxy machine is set up then the other computers on the network
(both Macs and PC) need to be directed at this computer for internet
services.  Quite simple really.  I have a small 5 port hub linking all my
computers via 10baseT

I'm following the other thread about internet security because my proxy
computer is connected real-time to the internet at large and is running
Windows 95.  I have been advised that I should dedicate a computer running
Linux for this purpose for increased security.

Regards

David Garrard