Re: Off topic: how to clean up memory for faster launches ...

<x-html><!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en">
Ton,
was an absence of any kind of priorities
on UNIX machines you could set a certain level of priority to any of a
set of tasks, and really might have something running in the background
without interfering with what you are doing in the foreground. Now, try
to type "Hello" in Notepad while having Metastock working on an exploration.
You may well take a nap between the moments you type it in and when it
appears on the screen. Seems playing with the option "Execution priority"
on "Exploration Status" window doesn't help much, if any.
and want to launch my DOS plotter to look at intraday charts. At this moment,
of all tasks running the latter should have the highest priority up to
temporary suspending anything else. However, Win memory (task?) manager
seems having&nbsp; its own ideas on what is important, and proceeds very
slowly. It's not related, I believe, to untidy RAM memory littered with
leftovers from closed applications, or any kind of leaks - at this very
moment I can easily and quickly launch other Windows plotter&nbsp; which
I hate to use (very cumbersome). Would rather say that the manager and
I have obviously different views on how to handle multitasking. By the
way, I tried MemTurbo - it didn't help with my problem (nevertheless, thanks
to Glen Wallace for trying to help!).
any? Also, I would love to have Metastock running in the BACKGROUND while
communicating with you, guys. Perhaps, it's OK now with recent MS versions,
but I am still with 5.11.
vs resource</font><font size=-1>&nbsp;Please, do not change mail's subjects
!!! (If U2 want info to be easy accessable)</font>&nbsp;<font size=-1>-MemTurbo
is not the answer to Vitaly's problem, since it is not an independent</font><font size=-1>&nbsp;(from
OS, eg Win) memory manager. Only you, yourself are the best MemManager.</font><font size=-1>&nbsp;See
previous mails</font><font size=-1>&nbsp;"Re: Off topic: how to clean up
memory for faster launches ...(part-1)</font><font size=-1>&nbsp;and "Re:
Imaging Porgrams".</font>&nbsp;<font size=-1>-Beware of the in's and out's
in memory usage, when changing the Desk-top</font><font size=-1>&nbsp;setting
to Network Server setting, as it will also use up 40kB in BASE mem</font><font size=-1>&nbsp;(max=
640kB conventional mem), eg the already from spacing shortage</font><font size=-1>&nbsp;sufficating
standard on PC mem.</font><font size=-1>&nbsp;Also, but this is not mentioned
in the article below and which I have not tested</font><font size=-1>&nbsp;in
full, using a PC as a server for type, will naturaly, as a server is not
a workstation,</font><font size=-1>&nbsp;put the greatest burdon on the
processor-capacities/usage, eg a server is set</font><font size=-1>&nbsp;to
provide fast trafficing of files environment ONLY (thus high in I/O Cache-ing
usage),</font><font size=-1>&nbsp; whereas for emphasis, a workstation(=desktop)
is set to provide a fast</font><font size=-1>&nbsp;&lt;inter-acting between
pc's programs and user> environment (thus high in I/O GUI usage)</font><font size=-1>&nbsp;(where

</x-html>From ???@??? Sat May 15 19:51:18 1999