Other Data Sources

Dear List,
   This is first addressed to Augie Wong and then to the rest of you who
have concern about Rueters Data.  I did ( note the past tense ) buy, use and
attempt to trade with StockWiz.  I did like the very fast download of data
and the simple screening for volume or price or other simple factors.  And
to be fair I did make some money with the software selections.  BUT !  There
were many times that the data was missing that day's quotes or had the wrong
price or volume listed.  It was not very fast to go back and get several
day's data even when it was there.  I know I missed several good entries and
several more exits due to late or wrong data.
   If you will look at the collection report in the Downloader when you have
just gotten data from Rueters, most likely you will see the small cross
symbol showing corrected data.  That right there is worth all the wait or
Id=800s in the world.  I know I am making my trades based on REAL, TRUE,
CORRECT data.
   As for Metastock formulas,  I don't use most of the 180 that came with my
copy.  My idea is I can look at them and choose the ones that fit this
current market.  As is says in the books that came with the program, not all
formulas will work in all markets and be careful not to "over optimize" to
fit just one set of circumstances.  In other words, instead of writing my
own "Exploration" in the StockWiz language, I can choose from the many
available and if necessary slightly modify it to fit my own trading ideas.
For example: The Equis Price and Volume Breakout Exploration.  I have added
at the very beginning the following line :

C > 30  AND V > 1000

For those new to the list this will cut out very rapidly all of the penny
stocks and those that are thinly traded.  At this point the program is as
fast as StockWiz and much more accurate.
A little long winded, but I for one like the program and data just as they
came.  Price of data becomes a mute point the first time you miss an exit
and loose more than the annual cost of the subscription.  Or miss an
excellent opportunity to buy something and your data was not there because
there was unusual volume/movement in that stock that day and they other data
providers didn't get it to you.

Tom Bridges