Re: Gann Swing concepts (Fibonacci trader) in Metastock?

Thomas Winklhofer wrote:

> Hi Gann traders, all
>
> has anyone tried to implement the basic Gann Swing concepts of Robert
> Krausz in Metastock?
>
> In my opinion it must be possible to implement the definitions of the
> Gann swing trading as described in the Jan 99 issue of TASC.
>
> Interesting would be
> - Automatic recognition of valleys/peaks of swing channels and fibo
> lines 38.2 and 61.8
>   (parallel to channels, that's not possible with metastock).
> - HiLo Activator
>
> May be the Gann approach can't be converted into a 'stupid' mechanical
> system.
> But I would feel much better when I could back test myself. The
> 'fibonaccitrader' can't do that as far as I know.
>
> Best Regards
> Thomas Winklhofer

Thomas,

About a month or so ago I wrote a test that will buy if price retraces to
"n" Fib level.  I seem to recall that I set it up so that it would only
buy if the current peak is greater than the previous peak and then a Fib
retracement occurs.  I haven't read the article but I did look at some of
the pictures, if that counts. :-)  The pictures got me interested and I
remember thinking that my test would probably form a good basis to work
from whenever I got around to it.  But that day is still a month or two
off most likely.  I'll be glad to share what I have, especially if it will
help speed things up for those interested.  Just remember me when you make
progress with the thing. :-)   In my notes that I just checked I wrote
"correct", which means, well, at least at that time I believed that I got
it right, ie, it did what I wanted it to do, which was simply place a buy
arrow if the low was <= the Fib level.  Correct does not mean "finished
product", so I'm sure the code could be tightened up, etc.  I also
remember that I did not check it out quite as thoroughly as I normally
would because I needed to move on to something else, so it's possible
there could be a glitch or two.  SO, after the markets close I'll check it
out briefly to see if it is as I remember.  Maybe I was dreaming.  I would
do it now but it uses the PREV function a couple of times and with my
little 133 AND collecting rt data, something is bound to give.

Regards,
Ken
--
mailto:divenfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxx