Re: MS 6.5 - forget about it..

Al,
I used TT and Chartbook before switching to Reuters and MS.
If your need for technical indicators is simplistic it is a good
service, however the charge is per quote (actually per point, 5 points
for all current contracts of a commodity, 1 point per stock.)
The data feed seemed to be reasonably reliable but not perfect. IMHO
anyone who says he has never had a bad feed or a crashed download from
any server is either lying or not very active - "steps off of soapbox"
<G>
During the month when I took both services, I had difficulty managing
the files in MS although they did convert. Probably this was just due
to my not trying hard enough, and not having enough incentive to
perfect the process.
I now download 30+ commodities from Reuters with only rare problems.

--

Best
Barry