Re: good computers

I bought a Dell Dimension XPS M233 a year ago
and have run it daily since without a hitch.
It has 233 Pentium II, 48 MB RAM and a 4 GB
Hard Drive; internal X2 modem, 4 MB Matrox
Millenium video adapter.  I took only the standard
1 year on-site warranty and hope I was right as I
enter the 2nd year.
I configured this system on their Internet site and
paid approx $1800 then, which I knew to be the
going rate having checked the same configurations
at Compaq and Gateway.  I never had a Dell before
having used IBM systems before.  In fact my other
system is a P90 from IBM bought in 1995.
I use the system every day approximately 3 - 4 hours
and download from Reuter's EOD stock quotes and
run MS 6.5 each night. Never had a hitch with Reuter's
nor with the Dell. I did not get a monitor from Dell as
I am still using a Nokia 447X 17 inch monitor that I
bought in 1994. Also in daily use.
FYI
Stan R.