RE: Dow Jones News Retrieval

Mark

How did you get Downloader to work?  I tried my best and worked with them
and Equis for a month and couldn't get it to work on a daily basis.  I also
found their S&P Continuous data was wrong.  Took them a few days of research
but they did fix that.

I liked the idea of using the Internet to download my data and thought that
Prophet was a great approach, especially for the price.  I just couldn't get
it to work.  If you have the time, I'll give it another shot.

I changed all of my symbols to there's (the ones that needed changing) and
in analyzing the data they sent back, it appears that it was all there.  The
only problem, according to Equis support, was they didn't send me an End of
Transmission or some such symbol.  Since Downloader didn't get that last
character (symbol?), it thought the download was bad and just said the
download was in error and crapped out.

If you have any thoughts, I'd appreciate it.  I'd like to use them because I
can save a few bucks by eliminating my CompuServe account.

Regards

Guy