Re: QP2 / metastock calculation equal

In a message dated 11/25/98 7:55:49 AM Pacific Standard Time, jgelfand@xxxxxxx
writes:

> How did you get MS to
>  agree with QP2?  Something is very funny here.  Is it possible that QP and
>  MS are using slightly different equations?

Hi, Ed: I get identical values for QP and Metastock (when I load 500 days or
more in Metastock, as you said). Metastock and QP are not using slightly
different equations.

Here's the MACD formula I'm using in Metastock:

period1:=12;
period2:=26;
period3:=9;
Mov(C,period1,E) - Mov(C,period2,E);
Mov((Mov(C,period1,E) - Mov(C,period2,E)),period3,E)

This formula shows the MACD and its signal line. The values are identical (to
five decimal places) to those in QP.

Brooke