From: Steve Karnish [mailto:kernish@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, November 23, 1998 2:50 PM
To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: spreads

List,

I have a question about applying indicators on indicators.  Today, I
used
the standard indicator: "spread" and created a spread "line" chart
displaying the march wheat/corn relationship.  I can delete the
underlying
security (corn), but that doesn't help me apply an indicator to the
movement of the spread price.  MS 6.51 wants to perform analysis on the
"underlying" issue (whether it's visible or not).  Do I have to write a
new
formula to simply discover the moving average or rsi of the March
Wheat/Corn spread or can I do some magic clicking?

Thanks for your help,
Steve Karnish
CCT/CTA