Re: NWAC, KEA and AMAT

Morning Harley,

If your cpu or power supply fan is not runing, your cpu chip is overheating
thus causing your system to crash. I'd suggest a new fan and see if that
helps... I've had that happen to a few clients in the past and a new fan did
the trick...

Also, suggest that you bring the cpu fan with you. Depending on the cpu
chip, they are different types. If it's the power supply, a good technican
can replace that as well.  Should only take a few minutes.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Enjoy your posts and gif...

t2ul8tr

Hugh

At 01:18 AM 11/11/1998 -0600, you wrote:
>Robert,
>I am having some  computer problems. I am not sure but I think my CPU chip is
>fried. After the low level hard drive format I still have system crashes even
>in DOS. Let alone trying to load Windows. I peaked under the hood about 3
>hours ago and the fan was not running. So I am going to pick up a chip
>tomorrow.
>
>The last two hours I have spent reconfiguring my laptop to connect to the
>internet and then placed it on the LAN so I can get reconnected and at least
>watch the market a little. It will be a few days before I can get this thing
>back together, so I will respond to some questions when I get finished.
>
>Harley

                                   \\\\!////
                                   (  @ @  )

                 MI-COM Technology
       Computer Solutions for Small Business
Helping you access and travel the Information Highway

                 Hugh A. Valliant

      Bus.  (416) 726-5355   Fax. (416) 699-3847

        E-mail         valliant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
            http://www.mi-comtech.com/