Re: Using Downloader to update multiple data directories

CMA wrote:

> Unable to get Downloader 6.0 to update my MSPRO data files. (p. 69 of
> manual.) Trying to update several data subdirectories of c:\equis
>    Equis tech support does not have a solution for how to set Convert
> Options to do this update. Would appreciate views of anyone who has
> been able to do this.

CMA,

An excerpt from Malcolm Smith's posting:

"I have the source data in one use .TXT file... I sort the data in
*ascending* order so that the sort order is based on ticker symbol and
then the date.
I then start up /Downloader/ and have the options set up so that the
data is coming from a single file, ie it doesn't do directory searches
for the data and that the data output goes to the directory *above* the
directories where my price data files lie.
Let me explain the directory output thing a little clearer.
My UKSE price data are held in 26 directories ranging from
S:\STOCKS\DATA\UKSE\A to S:\STOCKS\DATA\UKSE\Z  -- when I convert to
MetaStock format I make sure that the target directory is
S:\STOCKS\DATA\UKSE\ and that the output directories are scanned."

I.e., in the "Convert Securities" window, for the "Destination File
Type" select MetaStock, followed by the name of main folder (e.g.,
S:\STOCKS\DATA\UKSE\).
Then click on the Options button, check the "Traverse destination
folders" and uncheck "Create New Files" checkboxes in "Destination"
part of the "Conversion Options" dialog.

Regards,

Zvi
--
 "WE CAN MAKE ANY ASCII FILE METASTOCK-COMPATIBLE!"
  ZVI OREN, CONSILIUM    e-mail: consilium@xxxxxxx