RE: Quotes-Plus Open, High, Low Data

  • To: "Daniel Martinez" <DanM@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Quotes-Plus Open, High, Low Data
  • From: "Sean W. Smith" <sean_smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Nov 1998 09:51:10 -0500 (EST)

Sure it can.  I agree this sucks but this is how its done. TC2000 does the
same thing on their indexes.  Rather than track the actual open,high, and
low an index receives during the day you simply take the EOD Low for all the
Stocks and apply the weighting system and arrive at the "Theoretical Low".
Same for high.  Take the EOD high of all the compoenents plug them into the
formula and then you have the "Theoretical High".  This theoretical high was
probably never acheived since its derived from the peak price of all
securities over the entire course of the day say verus the actual high of
the index on say 1 min bars.

>  The OHL can only be what happened in the DOW on
> that day.  I
> record the end-of-day market reports on my VCR and their figures don't
> compare correctly to Quotes-Plus.  Why aren't these figures reported
> correctly by Quotes-Plus?  Does this mean most of the data I download from
> QP2 are incorrect?

see above.  Other data vendors also do this.  Obviously I prefer the real
data but I have learned to live with that.  Yahoo I beleive reports actual
#'s.

Hope this makes sense.

Sean