Re: Europeen Currencies

Splits over multiple folders/securities should be made possible in the Downloaders "Split" Tool.
In that I agree with you wholeheartly.

However in this "To have the 1000 secs adjusted for the EURO" being only a 1 time event, then
use any of the  -in MS desperatly missing-  macro programs or if not available in your arsenal of
programs, then in the Downloader and manualy :
-Open the MAXIMUM allowed securities to be opened in 1 session(usualy this would
  be 6 securities
-Click the "Adjust" tool menu on the work menu's top bar
-Now do not click the "Manual" adjust-tool, but use the "Split" adjust-tool
-Apply the fixed EURO conversion rate, as will be set on 19990101, in the tiny Ratio window
-Right click this Ratio factor and click to copy it to the clipboard for the next securities
  that are to follow or
-Press "Ctrl+C" to have this ratio copied stored in the temp memory, eg the clipboard
-Then Paste each time as is required using right clicking the new securities Ratio window
  over and over again and Paste or use "Ctrl+V"

Now you can semi-automatically adjust 6 securities at one time and this then will leave
you up to do this split adjusting in only 167 sessions (1000 secs / 6 secs per session = 167).
One session takes up roughly 2-3 minutes, at the most, to complete when this is done
physically by hand and 1-1.5 minutes, or less, when auto done using a macro program.
-Run C:\Equis\Dlwin\Downloader.exe
-Wait seconds/window
-Alt+F to click "File"
-O to "Open" a security
-Alt+Z plus arrow Up or Down plus Enter to open the right folder
-TAB plus TAB plus arrow Up or Down to select the right security and Enter or
-"Shift" plus arrow Down plus arrow Down to select multiple securities

etc. etc.
Most of the underlined letter charcters that are seen within windows can be selected(also manualy)
with holding the "Alt" key down and hitting the according letter. Same goes when "Ctrl" has to be used
or like in the Downloader, you sometimes will have/can to omit these Main keys.

Note that a macro program that is able to send Key-strokes, can do all of this "manual by hand"
stuff without having to leave or to shut down or to ex+import from the Downloader. It just replaces any
of the mouse-clicks you normaly do by hand, by sending to the Downloader program its equivelant
key-strokes, eg Alt-A etc.
>From experience I do not recommend to use any "recorded" mouse movements, as these are fixed
on the possible not applicable anymore previous mouse positionings.
Key-strokes are the best way, and when you do get aquinted with this way of automatationg, you can
then apply other new made macros on the other frequently returning jobs.

Test these macros out on some securities you have made a spare copy from at first, tho.
Every start is not easy and this is just to be on the safe side.

Overall it takes you only one day out of your live to later having had the pleasure to have got
rid of the morbid old hat currency differences on the one EURO continent.

Macroing programs are available for FREE, here is the address for the free, tiniest and Worlds
best macro program "WinCron1.3"(or see this program attached in previous mail with as
subject, you gessed it "Re: World's Best Macro Program"

WinCron1.3
sgray@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.ryerson.ca/~sgray

Regards,
Ton Maas
ms-irb@xxxxxx

Split

The Split command is used to adjust the price data and volume for a stock split.
A company usually splits its stock (often 2 shares for 1) in order to decrease the
price, thereby increasing its liquidity.
The Split command cannot be selected if a composite is displayed in the datasheet.
Composite price data cannot be edited or adjusted directly (see Opening a Composite).
Please use caution when applying this command.  Once an adjustment is made, it may
be difficult to bring the data back to its original state.

You are prompted to enter the range of data by typing the first and last dates to split.
-First Date.  This is almost always the first date in the datasheet or the first date in the
                     selected data panes.
-Last Date.  This is the day before the security's price changed.
-Ratio.  The default split Ratio amount is automatically calculated based on the change
              in the security's price following the split (e.g., 2 for 1, 3 for 2, etc.).

When a stock splits, the historical prices must be adjusted to reflect the split.
For example, if XYZ company has a 2 for 1 stock split, shareholders will receive two
shares for each share that they own.  To keep the total market value of the stock equal,
the price per share is reduced by one-half.  Therefore shareholders will have twice as
many shares at half the price.
Stock splits are usually done in order to increase the liquidity of the stock.

When price data is adjusted for a stock split, the volume is also affected.
For example, in a 2 for 1 split where prices are cut in half, the volume is doubled so that
the market value remains unchanged.

To adjust data for a split:

þ Choose Open from the File menu (or select an open datasheet).
þ Select the security to adjust.  The datasheet will appear.
þ Choose Split from the Adjust menu.
þ Type the First Date, Last Date and the Ratio of the split.
        Remember, the First Date is the first date in the datasheet; the Last Date is the day
        before the security prices changed.
þ Click the OK button.

To adjust data for a split using the right-click commands:

þ Choose Open from the File menu (or select an open datasheet).
þ Select the security to adjust.  The datasheet will appear.
þ Select the desired date range to adjust.
þ Right-click on the selected area and select Split from the pop up menu.
       The command's dialog will appear displaying the selected date range.