Re: NWAC, KEA and AMAT

<x-html><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>

<META content=text/html;charset=iso-8859-1 http-equiv=Content-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 face=Arial size=2>Harley, this slapping ya in the face
but&nbsp; I'm not sure why you post anything at all. Therapy perhaps? If so,
then it's time for some tough love my friend.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 face=Arial size=2>Obviously, since you've &quot;been
here before&quot; you haven't or don't want to learn from your mistakes.
Certainly if we went down the list of the most common trading guideline
&quot;cliches&quot; found in the appendix of every trading book published&nbsp;
you'd be in violation of them all.&nbsp; Frankly, the only thing anyone can take
away from these posts is that you are a&nbsp; LOSER!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 face=Arial size=2>You offer no plan or strategy to deal
with this setback other than to hope &quot;we get a correction.&quot; You can't
tell us why the trades went bad or even admit that you were wrong. In fact, you
want to short more! This during one of the biggest up months in market history.
Talk about hubris!&nbsp; </FONT><FONT face=Arial size=2>You claim to know
NWACs&nbsp; business because you live in Minneapolis? What arrogance!
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>You've said you got a degree in math but its
obvious math plays no part in your trading. Unless you control your downside
risk you'll never win over the long haul. So with NWAC the best you could do IF
the stock went zero was $960. (Yeah right, like one of the giants of its
industry becomes worthless.) Yet&nbsp; you've endured a $360 or 38% plunge down
a bottomless pit. Or AMAT, the undisputed leader of its industry and where
you've taken an astounding $2300 or 35% whipping. What's even more amazing is
that I'm willing to wager that this 1 position has become almost 50% of your
trading account, or what's left of it. Are you dumb or just
desperate?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Finally, you end by telling us that the market
action has changed for the better and &quot;screwed up your thinking.&quot; The
only thing that is screwed up is that you've continued to stay WRONG for a month
while pissin off probably 20% of your equity! I suggest for the well-being of
your family that snap out of this stupor and GET OUT OF THE MARKET! Your
personality is not suited for active trading and it will end up costing you a
lot more than a shrink while you &quot;discover&quot; yourself. Stick with it,
and I'll guaranty you'll be cleaning full-time for a living.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><B>-----Original Message-----</B><BR><B>From:
</B>Harley Meyer &lt;<A
href="mailto:meyer@xxxxxxxxxxx";>meyer@xxxxxxxxxxx</A>&gt;<BR><B>To:
</B>Metastock list &lt;<A
href="mailto:metastock-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>metastock-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx</A>&gt;<BR><B>Date:
</B>Friday, November 06, 1998 10:22 AM<BR><B>Subject: </B>NWAC, KEA and
AMAT<BR><BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE
style="BORDER-LEFT: #000000 solid 2px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px"></FONT>
    <CENTER>&nbsp;</CENTER>Well it has been awhile since I have addressed my
    trades. Seems like I have dug myself a hole. Since I have been sitting on
    these trades with some pretty good draw down. I have to sit and wait because
    I have zero buying power. I have been here before and I still don't like it.
    It isn't very productive. (Well I have done some much needed cleaning around
    here.) But that doesn't count.
    <P>I covered 100 shares of NWAC for a small gain. I still am short 50 shares
    at 19 3/16. Currently the stock trades around 26. My fundamental outlook on
    this stock has not changed. I live in Minneapolis and they are giving more
    and more money in these contract negotiations. Plus to attract passengers
    they are giving up to much money. If I had money I would have taken another
    position short at the $27 level.
    <P>KEA - I am still short 100 shares at 30 1/2. I could of covered around 30
    about a week ago, but decided to take a chance that it was going to move
    lower. It is now around 37. Could break to $40. It does move with the
    markets and I will say that <U>if we can get a correction</U> I should be
    able to get out with out to much of a loss.
    <P>AMAT - Has also moved higher and is now around 35. I am short 250 shares
    at 3 different locations. 50 @ 19 1/2, 100 @ 25 5/8 and 100 @ 29 3/8. As of
    the last few days the stock has been trying to come down. But the market
    just keeps moving higher. Then so does AMAT. My out look on AMAT has changed
    since they have finished their restructuring. It will help their bottom line
    but it is unclear what demand for their equipment will be in 1999. My guess
    is not that much demand. <BR>&nbsp;
    <P>Overall out look: My out look for the over all market is much more
    positive than what it was 1 month ago. Even if the economy slows down, the
    fed will use easing as a means to combat a slowing economy. Hence large cap
    stocks prices will still stay buoyed up. I will say that Greenspan's
    surprise rate cut has screwed my thinking up. The landscape changed to much
    and became unfamiliar. <BR>&nbsp;
    <P>Harley </P></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
</x-html>From ???@??? Thu Nov 05 21:47:14 1998