Those Crazy Index Symbols!

Thanks once again Ton.

I did use the list of symbols you posted in the past to help sort things
out. I was having trouble creating a McClellan Oscillator using 2
issues... NYSE Advances - NYSE Declines as a "composite security". I
kept getting an "invalid something or other" when I tried to view it as
a daily chart. I was hoping there was a symbol which had both the
advancing and declining data as a high and low to be able to do a
formula on one security. All's well now as I solved the problem by doing
the the close - plot thereby using the 2 seperate securities in one
chart to create the Oscillator. As far as the Arms index... I have
recently found it to be less predictive so I'm not bothering to plot it.

FYI, sadly the reason I couldn't get the symbols to show in the
downloader was because of my use of an older version (4.11). I know
enough about computers to be dangerous and have been trying to wait out
a good version of windows(NT5 maybe) before upgrading. Time is running
out with Equis' lack of support of older versions and I may become
assimilated into Bill Gates world of extraneous code sooner than I
thought! LOL

As I said, your post was of great help and then talking with the Reuters
rep nailed down any loose ends.

Regards... John