RE: Linear Regression system

Philip, Bob,

> Questions:
>
> > Enter Long
> > Cross(opt2,ForecastOsc(O,opt1))
>
> 1.The cross syntax reads cross(DATA ARRAY 1,
> DATAARRAY2).Does "opt2" in the formula above
> qualify as a data array?  Shouldn't it read "opt2"
> OF something, as in opt2 of an indicator?
> Straighten me out here, could you?

 The opt2 just stands for a number, typically small
 I start with -7 to 13 for superstitious reasons.  On
 a chart that would simply be a horizontal line.

> 2. The ForecastOsc itself:  what is it?  Steve
> uses several indicators that might qualify.

  MS manual says its "an extension of the linear regression
  based indicators made popular by Tushar Chande."  p440
  They also mention that Chande suggests using a 3-day MA
  as a trigger line (instead of a straight line).  Doesn't work for me...

Jeff
mailto:j.ledermann@xxxxxxxxx