RE: Bull and Bear Fear System

Brooke,

Your post caught my attention and over the past few days I've been
optimising the system against all the securities I track with credible
results.  It certainly needs the DMI on entry to make it useful.

To improve its exit characteristics I added a stochastic crossover
as an alternative which improves its return dramatically in most cases.
With a little bit of tweaking I can get its win to loss ratio around 8:1 for
many of my securities.  Unfortunately in not a single instance did it
give a better overall result on any period than the linear regression
system I'm using, so I guess it's not going to make me rich <:-)

Anyway here's the formula I used to test with:

Enter Long
BullFear:=(HHV(HIGH,opt1) - LLV(HIGH,opt1))/2 + LLV(HIGH,opt1);
Cross(C,BullFear) AND (DX(opt2) > opt3)

Close Long
BullFear:=(HHV(HIGH,opt1) - LLV(HIGH,opt1))/2 + LLV(HIGH,opt1);
Cross(BullFear,C) OR Cross(Mov(Stoch(opt4,3),opt5,S),Stoch(opt4,3))

Jeff
j.ledermann@xxxxxxxxx