Re: an old friend i call "ultimate indicater"

Michael:

I tried your BUY and SELL suggestions.  I used them as a filter and ran
them on two folders, the first was a mix of 23 sstocks, the second was the
DJIA stocks.
I set the date back one month and ran these explorations.  I then looked at
the graphs to see if the stocks rose or fell in the following 1 to 4 weeks.

In each case about 1/2 the stocks were selected by the exploration, and
about 1/2 of these did go up in the subsequent period.

I then added another requirement, a price oscillator, be positive to
eliminate downward trending stocks.

In this 2nd version, the number of stocks selected out of the first set was
smaller (1/3 instead of 1/2), and the exploration seemed to work better on
large cap (djia) than on small and medium cap (the first set of stocks).

The additional requirement (price oscillator > zero) was only moderately
helpful and needs to be improved or changed.

Lionel Issen