[dlevels] Re: HGSI and Fib Nodes

--- In dlevels@xxxx, "Max Vogt, Ph.D." <maxtrout@xxxx> wrote:
> use the current low of $40.00 as my
> > focus number, and evaluate the reaction highs going back to the
> > maximum price of $241.00 on 1/24/00?
>
> It depends on whether the 618 has been exceeded, in which case(s)
new Focus
> Numbers are created.

I realize that if fib nodes are substantially broken, they are
invalidated.  However, I don't understand what you are saying when
you say that "new focus numbers are created".  If, as in this chart,
there is a reaction low, followed by a rebound which breaks both
the .382 and the .618 nodes, but does not exceed the previous high,
is a new focus number created?  That is not my understanding.

>  If I do this, I am able to
> > calculate resistance numbers, but a new reaction low is likely to
> > be made on a regular basis.
>
> No, not a new reaction low, but a new Focus Number.

You are absolutely right.  I misspoke when I said a "new reaction
low".  I should have said a "new focus number".

Thank you for your response.