  To: <A
  href="mailto:dlevels@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";
  title=dlevels@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>dlevels@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2001 1:05
  AM
  Subject: Re: [dlevels] DIGL

  Hi Kevin,

  Having broken the OP support at 36 1/2 the
  Gartley based on the 618 retracement of the "ab" leg is no longer
  valid.
  As you suggest it could go to the 786ab
  retracement, around 32, to form the alternative gartley numbers, it will be
  interesting to follow the developments.

  I've attached a chart with the one I was talking about.

  Yes, my "X" selection is an arbitrary process,
  and being a new comer I find that I cannot give any definitive reasoning
  behind the process, other than looking for significant reaction
  points.
  My major criteria is that if there is the
  possibility of either a Gartley or Butterfly forming, I try not to enter a
  trade until the completion of the pattern, even if the final "cd" leg looks
  inviting.

  I don't follow you here at all.  "D" is considered the point of
  entry for the patterns.

  As suggested in this case, I would wait
  until the expected pattern completion at 67-68, and look for additional
  indicators to re-inforce the entry decision.

  Yes, that would be another potential "D" area, possibly with an inviting
  looking "cd" leg.

  Unfortunately, I have not located any scanning
  formula's for indicating potential gartley's.
  I am sure they exist, as I believe Gartley
  developed the basis for these patterns in the 1930's.

  Interestingly, Larry Pesavento quotes (in Larry's book) from Gartley's
  book on the pattern, and what Gartley describes bears minimal resemblance to
  what Larry and Scott Carney (a former student of Larry's) describe.
  Gartley said nothing about Fibonacci ratios.  The pattern he drew in his
  book doesn't even have the same number of legs as Larry's "Gartley 222".

  I've gravitated to the pattern as a natural extension of learning the
  DiNapoli Fibonacci stuff.  If I'm not mistaken, Larry is the one that
  introduced Fibonacci to Joe.

  The way that the Gartley is described in Larry's book caused me to
  dismiss it as something that wasn't for me, but I ran across Scott Carney on
  the Web and found a significantly different description in Scott's book.

  The pattern shows up far more often than the B&B's and DRPO's (in my
  experience).  As I'm inclined to do my own studies, having enough data is
  important.  Also, if you're going to trade a pattern efficiently, you
  have to have enough opportunities to place the trades in your time
frame.

  I've come up with a tentative set of rules for trading a Gartley that
  seems to be holding up.  Time will tell.  I'm still working on scan
  formulas in both TC2000 and RavenQuote.  Wish I had just a fraction of
  Neal's computer skills.  Even without the scans, though, the patterns
  show up with great regularity, at least down to about the hourly time
  frame.

  A fellow in the British Isles, Mark Baker, is coming up with some pretty
  cool scan results for Gartley patterns, but to date, they are only for daily
  or higher time frames.  He's offering the software in beta form on
  Scott's web site.

  Kevin

  to:dlevels-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor