Re: [dlevels] DIGL

Hi Kevin,

Having broken the OP support at 36 1/2 the Gartley
based on the 618 retracement of the "ab" leg is no longer valid.
As you suggest it could go to the 786ab
retracement, around 32, to form the alternative gartley numbers, it will be
interesting to follow the developments.

Yes, my "X" selection is an arbitary process, and
being a new comer I find that I cannot give any definitive reasoning behind the
process, other than looking for significant reaction points.
My major criteria is that if there is the
possibility of either a Gartley or Butterfly forming, I try not to enter a trade
until the completion of the pattern, even if the final "cd" leg looks
inviting.

As suggested in this case, I would wait until
the expected pattern completion at 67-68, and look for additional indicators to
re-inforce the entry decision.

Unfortunately, I have not located any scanning
formula's for indicating potential gartley's.
I am sure they exist, as I believe Gartley
developed the basis for these patterns in the 1930's.

Maybe, someone can help us in this
regard?

JdF

<BLOCKQUOTE